Go Back   Natural Game Forum by Zan Perrion > The Main Deck > Dating
ZanPerrion.com Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Dating
     Got her #, check, set up a date, check and something bizare happened...

Old 03-13-2012   #1
Blackra1n
Boatswain

Default Got her #, check, set up a date, check and something bizare happened...

THere's something I have to share with guys. So I got this girl's number the other day on my way back for meeting with a job agency. Yesterday, I set up a date to meetup with her. And today she texted me back saying she has a friend I should meet. WTF? Have you ever encountered anything like this? HAHAHA! I'm not sure how to handle this.

**UPDATE
Ok here are some more info:
I'm Asian, I think she's Hispanic. Her friend is Asian. There are alway exceptions but 1) I'm not into Asian girls most of the time. 2) I don't trust a non-Asian's judgment of Asian looks. I told her that. She seem to suggest this other girl is better for me because we're Asian. And I'm kind of offended by it. This is a bait and switch situation!

Last edited by Blackra1n; 03-13-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Blackra1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #2
Sean
Raider

Yes, this is common with girls. The purpose of the friend is to get a second opinion of you, in essence she's putting you on display for judgement. Now, most of the time, the outcome is bad because the friend -- feeling like they must find fault with you in order to feel useful -- will "find something wrong" with you.

Bad situation, take a pass. Refuse to meet up under such ridiculous conditions.

Propose an alternative, and if she balks, move on.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #3
Blackra1n
Boatswain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Yes, this is common with girls. The purpose of the friend is to get a second opinion of you, in essence she's putting you on display for judgement. Now, most of the time, the outcome is bad because the friend -- feeling like they must find fault with you in order to feel useful -- will "find something wrong" with you.

Bad situation, take a pass. Refuse to meet up under such ridiculous conditions.

Propose an alternative, and if she balks, move on.
Right on Sean. I did propose an alternative and told her it was going to be me and her and no bait and switch. She said she couldn't do it. And she also had the audacity to ask if I can hook her friend up with one of my "brothers"??? WTF? I replied back telling her to call me back after she gets her shit together and that she had good intentions but went about it the wrong way! That was the end of that.

At first I was kind of amused and confused. Then I become irritated and disappointed, and bummed out because she lied to me. She seem like a nice girl but really fucking naive!
Blackra1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #4
JPender
Swashbuckler

One of the most wonderful, delightful, super fun, smart, and super sexy ladies that I have ever dated....

was through a lady that I approached, flirted with, got her number, thought we were going to go on a date, but once I called she wanted to introduced me to her friend.

I meet her friend and we had wonderful times together that I will always look back on as delightful times...and that is probably a big understatement....

I would say what harm could be done from meeting her friend?

Last edited by JPender; 03-16-2012 at 10:26 PM.
JPender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #5
TonySoprano
Buccaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPender View Post
One of the most wonderful, delightful, super fun, smart, and super sexy ladies that I have ever dated....

was through a lady that I approached, flirted with, got her number, thought we were going to go on a date, but once I called she wanted to introduced me to her friend.

I meet her friend and we had wonderful times together that I will always look back on as delightful times...and that is probably a big understatement....

I would say what harm could be done from meeting her friend?
True that, but if you liked the girl you set up a date with it's not that cool.
But if you didn't it's cool. I can see it from both perspectives. I just thought of a fantasy but I am not going to get into it.
TonySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #6
Harp
Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackra1n View Post
Right on Sean. I did propose an alternative and told her it was going to be me and her and no bait and switch. She said she couldn't do it. And she also had the audacity to ask if I can hook her friend up with one of my "brothers"??? WTF? I replied back telling her to call me back after she gets her shit together and that she had good intentions but went about it the wrong way! That was the end of that.

At first I was kind of amused and confused. Then I become irritated and disappointed, and bummed out because she lied to me. She seem like a nice girl but really fucking naive!
My only question is, why did you take this so seriously? You seem to be fairly upset (I could be wrong). And what's with the "it's going to be me and her and no bait and switch?" That put WAY too much pressure on her and came across as needy.

I'm not defending what she did...but you took it a little too hard. Sean's probably right that she was just looking for a second opinion of you, and to me it's lame if a person can't decide for themselves. But you gotta keep your wits about you in these situations!

--
Harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #7
VictorDorfman
Deck Swabber

Why not take the invitation and go meet her friend? She might be cute, fun, and interesting, too!

In contrast to trying to disqualify you based on her friend's opinion, she may just as easily be trying to confirm that you're the cool mofo she thinks you are, and a guy with whom she can safely and enjoyably hook up, talk openly, and - a kinky thought I just had - share moments in her bed with her sexy friends!
"I would like the woman to become as feminine as possible, only then can she flower. And the man needs to be as masculine as possible, only then can he flower. When they are polar opposites, a great attraction, a great magnetism, arises between them. And when they come close, when they meet in intimacy, they bring two different worlds, two different dimensions, two different richnesses, and the meeting is a tremendous blessing, a benediction." - OSHO
VictorDorfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #8
lightsleeper
Raider

Mr. Dorfman is correct, I'd tx back ~ "Threesomes are AWESOME!"

Sleep
lightsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #9
Richard Fletcher
Swashbuckler

This is an oldish thread, but since it's been bumped, I'll comment.

I wouldn't do any of the above...I would say honestly...'It's you I'm interested in, not your friend'.

Then leave her to respond.

Sometimes stuff like this is a test where she is effectively saying 'does he approach girls like this all the time - am I just yet another girl to him?'

Seeing if you go for her friend instead is a surefire way of saying that you weren't that into bothered about her in the first place. After all, as a girl, she wants to feel that you spotted something unique, special and amazing about her that you had to meet her there and there...rather than just being yet another girl that you're trying to pick up.

This is your chance to show why you like her, and don't want her friend.

But...like I say this thread is old, so I suspect this is way gone now anyway...
Richard Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #10
GirlsChaseMe
Deck Swabber

Don't chase her. Just be relaxed about it. Don't keep over communicating to her. (Over communicating is when you communicate without her prompting you first or perpetuate convo that is not leading in the shortest path to your desired outcome).

Leave it for a while and she might reach out to you. If she doesn't it's over anyway so you have nothing to lose by doing nothing. If, after a while she initiates contact, then agree to meet at a location where you can seduce her.

If she's attracted to you and you let her do the chasing, she will become more attracted. If she was not attracted, then you have saved time and energy by doing nothing.

Don't worry about the friend. If you stop pursuing you may end up with them both fighting over you!
GirlsChaseMe is offline   Reply With Quote